"IN THE END, A PERSON IS ONLY KNOWN BY THE IMPACT THEY HAVE ON OTHERS."

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Blogging?...what's that?

Seriously, it's like I've forgotten what it even is. I hate being behind but everything else is more important to me than blogging is. I'm not sure if we will keep our blog or not, but until we make a final decision, I will give an update.
So what's up?
I can't even remember when my last post was or what it was about. Almost a year ago I'm sure.
I believe I posted about Kyzer playing soccer. He absolutely loved that! My parents moved back down here from Alaska and moved in with us for a couple months until they found their own place. After Kyzer finished soccer is was time to start the gardening. With my dad having a tractor and he and Bens eagerness to garden once again, we ended up with a HUGE garden. Two of them actually. At out the time mom and dad got their own place, Ben started working like crazy. Working two jobs and having an extreme overload of work for both meant we didn't see him much all summer. So all the work if the two HUGE gardens fell on me. Watering, weeding, picking.... It was a huge chore on top of taking care of my kids and the house. The farther along the garden got the more busy I got and the more time I had to spend out there so that it didn't just go to waist. My house fell apart during this time, I would spend 9 hours a day in the garden (minus the 15 minutes I took to feed the boys lunch), mowing and watering the yard, and spraying weeds. I can't even remember how many days I had like that or how many sun burns I had by the time it was all over. We canned and froze corn for two weeks and had probably 10 family's that we gave as much as they wanted away to (yes we had that much corn). Right around this time the accident with my little nephew happened and I got custody of him and his brother. I had the older one for a week and the baby for a month. With all the extra stress that that added, it was nothing compared to want it was before we got them. That first week after the accident was horrific, and we thought we were going to lose them both.  I can't thank our Heavenly Father enough that he blessed us with the best social worker, private investigator, and people around us and their prayers and support! During the time that we had the baby my brother found out he was going to Afghanistan. Luckily he and his family were able to come for a visit and Eran and his family came at the same time. It was so great to have so many family members here at once and share the time we had with Devan together! Saying goodbye to my baby brother knowing he was going to war was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and I can't even begin to explain how hard it is to watch him walk away. I cried all day and even to this day when I think about it I still cry. The same day he left was the day my sister and brother in law got their baby back. Yes it was hard to let that little tiny body go that had just spent a month of his life with me, but nothing compared to the joy it brought to see their family whole again. Right about this time, everything was coming out of the garden at once. We canned beets, peppers, salsa, dilly beans, corn, pears, peaches, jam, jalapeƱo jelly, and a few other things I can't remember. We froze, corn, melon, peaches, squash, and of course other things that I can't remember right now. In October my grandma Hardman, (whom I had been taking turns taking care of for 10 month) took a turn for the worst and ended up with the hospital. After being there a few days they discovered that both her kidneys had shut down completely and she needed to be put on kidney dialysis. I got a phone call that day saying that she had refused the dialysis and there was nothing more that they could do for her. I headed strait to the hospital with my kids and spent the entire rest of the day there with her and a few other family members. I spent most of the next day with her also and I managed to get there about two hours before she past away the next day. I was by her side when she went and it was so great to finally see her at rest. That may sound strange to many but I had just watched my grandmother go from being able to walk with a walker, to being stuck in a bed completely immovable talking and being able to tell you exactly what she needed or wanted, to her waking up an hour later telling you she can't see anymore, to being unable to eat or drink from swelling so much she can't talk, to laying there moaning in pain for 24 hours, to finally being pain free but barely breathing and having no tempature, to her taking that last breath and her spirit leaving her body. Seeing her at peace was the best feeling in the world at that point. With her funeral the following week, I was able to see the rest of family who I hadn't seen in over a year, and that was just what I needed. A week later we found out we were expecting baby #3 and for me that always brings on a whole other world. Yes, I was already feeling sick and it just got worse every day until I was 7 1/2 weeks and I finally started throwing up and then things got really bad. I never did get caught back up with all the house work that had gotten completely neglected through the summer and there was no way it was going to happen now. Right in the middle of the worst part of it we came down with the stomach flu, having that on top of the morning sickness was awful, thank goodness it was only one day cause throwing up blood is horrific! I have been on alka green for a couple months now and I think the morning sickness may be easing up some. With those two things coming into play I am finally able to get up and do stuff. So my house may soon be presentable again :).
Our dog had 9 puppies 4 weeks ago. We had no idea she was going to have them. She is a shaggin' waggin' and it had been cold so I just thought she had extra fluff until I rubbed her belly two days before they arrived. They are so darn cute and we are completely in love!
So, there it is.... Our year in a nutshell (literally). I think we are headed for a fantastic year and I am so looking forward to it!
P.S.... Another update will be coming soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Lia! What a year! I hope this one improves and that pregnancy goes well for you. :) Your family has had a lot of struggles but you all hang in there together. :)

    ReplyDelete